YouTube Views Outages 7-11 to 7-17
We monitor YouTubes Counters very closely have have noticed they were not updating their View Counts from 7-11 to 7-17. You can verify this my logging into your YouTube Channel and looking at your “Insight” stats. You’ll notice big drops in View Counts. This is a problem YouTube has been having for the last week as they upgrade their backend system.
Here’s what your Insight Statistics graph will look like, you can clearly see the YouTube Views Counts not counting correctly:
Here’s an official response from a YouTube employee:
- Insight and YouTube Analytics are missing some viewcount data from late July 11th to July 17th
- Public viewcounts are missing some viewcount data over the same range, though it may not correlate to the missing Insight info (ie: though both incorrect, public viewcount may be different than the Insight numbers)
- All views from July 18th forward are being counted correctly in both Insight and public viewcounts
- All views from the outage period (7/11-7/18) will slowly be added back, however this will likely be a lengthy process and I don’t have an ETA at the time being
- Lastly, to speak to the concerns of “lost revenue” – AdSense numbers are different and were NOT effected by this viewcount issue, so there should be no impact to your earnings.
Source of Information: Google Forum
Views appear to be updating normally from the 18th on. YouTube has not ran the Views Stats for the missing days yet. As you can see from this graph all Views are being counted normally moving forward.
Tags: YouTube View Outage